Cooperation Organization for Standards Development(COSD)
- Cooperation Organization for Standards Development refers to a system that delegates overall national standard work by designating a partner organization for the development of industry standards for each specialized field among corporations or organizations that perform tasks related to industry standardization. [Related Laws: Article 5 of the Industrial Standardization Act]
- Going forward, the government plans to gradually expand standard development cooperation institutions with the goal of transferring more than 80% of national standard development and management tasks to private professional organizations.
- 1st stage (15%, '09) → 2nd stage (40% '10) → 3rd stage (80%, '12)
- K-Petro is designated as a standard development cooperation organization from November 11, 2008, and 322 kinds of petroleum products, lubricants and other oil and mineral oil fields are dedicated to KS chemical field
COSD Direction of operation
The planning and policy establishment of the national standard strategy is expected to lead to efficient national standards and advanced standardization of national standards by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, which is responsible for developing national standards.
K-Petro as a Cooperation Organization for Standards Development
- K-Petro has been designated as a standard development cooperation agency by Technical Agency No.110 on November 11, 2008.
- Specified period : 2014.04.11.~2019.04.10.
- Designated field: KS (M) 322 kinds of petroleum products and lubricating oil field and other oil and mineral oil fields
Standard development work
- K-Petro establishes annual standard development plan and conducts systematic development and management of national standards for smooth operation of standard development work.
- KS enactment/revision and 5 years KS confirmation
- Standard Development Technical Committee and Standard Expert Working Group
- Collect and review technical data related to domestic and international standards
- Performing standardization research services
- International standardization business correspondence etc.
Summary of standard development procedures